Advanced Freediver Course
Advanced Freediver Course
The Advanced Freediver Course is designed to take students to a far deeper level of this sport.
Upon completion of this course, many students will achieve depths greater than 30 meters on a single breath. Our specialized advanced breathing techniques, together with our progressive preparation for deep dives, can make this possible even for newcomers to freediving.
The Advanced Freediver Course runs for 3 days and is divided into 3 academic/breathing sessions, 1 pool session, and 2 deep water aquatic sessions. This includes static apnea with breath-holds of over 3 minutes in the water. Even if you think that this feat is impossible, our Instructors will reveal with success your true aquatic potential. During our deep diving water sessions you will progressively achieve new depths with knowledge, control, comfort, and fun. The highly-experienced Apnea Total Instructors will be by your side at all times while underwater and will guide you with precise instructions for breathing, relaxation, and techniques necessary to achieve these depths.
Upon completion of the Advanced Freediver Course, students will receive certification as well as private online access to the Advanced Freediver Course materials, so that you can maintain your freediving knowledge.
The Advanced Freediver Course structure is as follows:
Academic session 1 – Static Apnea
- Mammalian dive reflex
- Preparation for static apnea
- Specific breathing technique for static apnea, pool and dry training
- Breath-hold exercises
- Relaxation, mind and body control techniques
- Training routine for increasing breath-hold capabilities
Aquatic Session 1 – Static Apnea
- Body position and relaxation
- Preparation for a maximum breath-hold
- Maximum static apnea attempts
- Minimum 3 minutes breath-hold
- Safety procedures and practice
Academic session 2
- Advanced 4-section breathing technique
- Pre-dive breathing pattern
- ‘Negative Pressure Static Apnea’ (N.P.S.A.)
- Benefits and techniques of ‘Exhale Dives’
- Body adaptation to great pressure
Aquatic session 2
- Preparation with N.P.S.A.
- Specific breathing for exhale diving
- Exhale dives with a maximum depth of 25 meters
- Practice of equalization technique
- Body relaxation and energy efficiency in the water
- Full lung dives with a maximum depth of 30 meters
Academic session 3
- Review of exhale dives from Day 2
- Stages and preparation for a deep dive
- Thoracic stretches
- Lung capacity increasing exercises
- Deep equalization techniques
Aquatic Session 3
- Stretching and breathing exercises on the boat
- Full preparation for a deep dive
- Exhale dives with a maximum depth of 30 meters
- Full lung dives with a maximum depth of 40 meters
*Honduran sales tax is 15%
The Freediver Course will make you feel more comfortable and safe while exploring the ocean.